Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lunch Date with Daddy...





So yesterday (9.17.07) we had a surprise lunch date with Daddy. We went to My Big Fat Greek Rest. That is one of mommy's favorite places to eat! Daddy was very surprised because we do not make it over to that neck of the woods too often. We would like to but it is a long haul. And for the first time Jake sat like a big boy in the high chair at this joint! He didn't cry to get out and he just played with toys the whole time. I am really a big boy now! And mommy is getting over being a germaphobe! I hate the high chairs at these places and I am just starting to become better about letting him sit in it.
And if you have not noticed in his photos he is in need of a haircut. His Faux Hock is getting way too long. We miss Alaina and need to find someone as fun as her to cut his hair. Alaina, come back. For those of you that don't know my favorite Hair Girl (what I like to call her) moved away to Europe to live her dream. We miss her but are still so happy she is doing what she has always wanted to do there. Hopefully some day she will be the runway models "hair girl" and we can say she did ours too!
Oh....and it was a big day for Jake yesterday. He said "mamamamamama" just like that. I have been practicing with him to say dada but what do you know? He said mamama instead. Crazy how that worked out. I really did want him to say dada but I guess he like the way mamama sounded. And now he has been saying it all of the time. Crazy kid! I love it and it makes you just smile when he says it. But I needed a tape recorder because he will not say it for anyone else but me? Go figure. So Mike doesn't believe me that he is saying it. He is in denial. haha.
And I have some additional photos in here of Jake and his new friend Madelyn. She just turned 1 on Friday the 14th.! She had her birthday party on Saturday which was a lot of fun. Jake got to play with new toys and kids.
Miss Madelyn shares a very special birthday with my dear friend Alexandria Meekcoms. Miss Alex, I miss you oh so much and hate that I didn't get to be with you on your special day. But I know in spirit she was around rockin' it out in Heaven. She was so full of life and still is!!! I love her and miss her lots. Happy Birthday Alex.

No comments: