Monday, October 6, 2008

My Grandfather....Chicken!

So I am sitting thinking of where to begin. First and Foremost, I have the most amazing Grandfather a little girl could have ever asked for. He loved me and that is what matters most to me. I love kissing him on the lips and just the scent he carried....love it, love it, love it.
So where am I going with this? Well I lost my grandfather on Sunday at 1:05 AM. It is the most devestating day I have ever had in my life. I love him so dearly and miss him with all my heart. My words will never be able to tell you what he meant to me. BUT, I do know I have millions of memories with him and will always keep those dear to my heart. The one's I love most are the last week of his life here with us. I was able to visit with him a few times a day and just touch him and kiss him and look into his eyes and tell him how much I loved him. He is amazing......He was suppose to get discharged from the hospital today because he was doing so well. But instead, he went home with his family in heaven. I have been thinking all along they said he was going to be going home soon.....Well home was not back to Globe it was Heaven with his brothers, mom and dad. It is bitter sweet.....I wish I could have him here with us for another 20-30 years because I am lost and love him and it hurts. But at the same time I am sure he is so happy to see his family whom he has not seen in so many years. He hasn't seen his parents in over 30 years. And he is healthy and young again.
I could go on and on and on about my grandpa. But I am just so blessed to have been able to be close with him, tell him I love him, share so many memories with him, we share Birthday parties....hummm I am just happy he was here 80 years and I he will never leave me in my heart. I will miss him and I love him but I know I will see him again one day!
Thank you Grandpa for being my Chicken and loving me.





2 comments:

Skousen Family! said...

Jess,

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa! I know you are going through a hard time right now, just know we are thinking of you and praying for you guys we love you!

Melanie Rojas said...

hey jess.
im really sorry for the loss of your grandpa. you are right that he is in a better place though. not in pain or suffering anymore. i wish i wouldve gotten a chance to get to know him better. gabe has wonderful memories of his grandpa but does regret not spending as much time with him. im looking forward to moving home so that we don't keep missing these moments and memories with our loved ones. gabe has enjoyed seeing you guys again.